Sunday, June 10, 2007

interesting P.o.V

most people i met here or known that has been or had lived abroad, mostly said that they wish they dont have to come back home (a.k.a the hustling and bustling Jakarta). Simply because the city and the country is the root of chaotic traffic and uncivilized citizen. No sense of order and structure, only uncertainty.

When talking about developed countries, for sure, order and structure and clarity in every means of living is established well by the government. Yes, it gives a sense of security that you may never get easily in a developing country (emphasize on "may never"... not never). But is it all that? i may not be that person that enjoy Jakarta very much, but it has never frustrated me to the point where i want to "get the hell outta here or im gonna die" situation (even when my house was flooded up to my thigh). Most of the time - for me - it's all about how you get yourself to go about it.

Im aware that there are a lot of things that needs to be fix by my government and they dont seem to be that eager to finish it. Nevertheless, do we really deal with this government issue every single day of our lives? so that would be enough to make someone leave?

then if your answer is yes, you would definitely be in the group that would never come back, and if your answer is no, most likely you are like me. You realise that Jakarta may no be the best city in the world to live in, but you dont mind living there due to certain situations and you are not eager to live anywhere else (unless you are offerd a job that pay 100K, hehhehee).

well... i cant draft my conclusion at the moment, but i know that dont mind going back. someone might leave their hometown out of many reasons. but putting those reasons aside (meaning personal issue) and just consider the demographic and geographic of the particular city, where would you live??

2 comments:

Princess Banter said...

I come from an Asian developing country too... and I've lived in a few developed countries (still am actually). And you know what? I realized that learning to get by in a developing country is an art more than anything. I always love going home and I've developed some sort of fancy towards the little ways we deal with corruption, the lack of ethics and the need to survive :) I'm not quite ready to go back home yet... but I do know I'll be back one day. Good post!

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

oh i dont know man.. anythin in the world beats livin in indonesia. i wouldve excluded bali but due to those bombings they had a while back.. :-s

point is, its home for us indonesians no matter where you go. but it does not necessarily mean we have to be happy living there.